Podcast #4 "Parenting the Highly Sensitive Child"

Podcast title: Quiet the Power of Introverts
Episode: "Parenting the Highly Sensitive Child" (published 4/1/16)
Runtime: 24 minutes
Genre: Health

SPEAKER:


This is told by Susan Cain. She explores how introverts work and how they can be just as helpful as extroverts. 

OCCASION:

This is talking about how introverts are more sensitive than other kids and how that can affect them.

AUDIENCE:


The people who know introverts and introverts themselves are trying to learn more.

PURPOSE:


The purpose of the story is to explain how introverts are just as special as others but a but more sensitive.

SUBJECT:


This is Health and fitness. 

TONE: 

This has an informative tone because they try to answer questions with intelligently and formally


I really enjoyed this podcast.  I'm an introvert so most of the things that they were talking about really connected with me.  I understood how it works and why that can affect you because I myself have gone through  it.  It is interesting  that introverts are just as smart and sometimes even smarter than other people; they just don't know how to express it.  Now, smart might not just be intellectual, it may also be creative because they're more sensitive. They are more emotionally sensitive and involved. I really connected with this because sometimes I am sensitive about emotions and a lot more emotionally connected than most of my friends and my family. I also found it interesting how introverts in the right environment can thrive, but also in the wrong environment they can crumble.  This just shows that they need more specific environments; they're kind of like specialized species in that way.  It was also  really reassuring that other people experienced his problem.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who experiences this and it was nice to know that I'm not the only one. Those are really cool learning that there have been scientific experiments done about introverts. I mean that was just cool to me. Overall I would give this podcast a 4 out of 5 just because of how much it connected to the problems that I've encountered in my life.


Comments